Monday, October 27, 2014

Mary Wesley's First Birthday Party

For Mary Wesley's birthday we went with sort of a sunflower theme. 
Kyle planted some sunflowers for the doves, so I decided I would steal some for MW's birthday party. 
I'll be honest. I am not creative, so I just do the best I can putting together the kid's birthday parties. 
Birthdays have always been about eating with family and close friends around here. 
I know the day will come when Konrad and Mary Wesley will ask for "this" type of party, so while their young we'll stick to the family parties with balloons and their favorite foods. 
Here's some pictures from Mary Wesley's party!
Enjoy!


Me and the birthday girl!


Family of four!


I attached the balloons to a golf tee and stuck them in the ground. 
It works great!
I love how it looks!


Outside seating…We had the party at Gran's house. 
It's big enough for all our family, and it's absolutely gorgeous. 
It's just a tradition I choose to start. 


Of course Gran did the arrangements too. 
I found most of the decor 75% off at Hobby Lobby. 
I did not pay over $6 for anything. 


This is another tradition I have don't for both kids.
I have a picture from every month.
Then I take pictures from their first year and place them on cardboard in the shape of the number one.


The drink table...

The food table…
Sorry I didn't take a picture of all the food.
We just grilled hotdogs and had lots of homemade sides!


The party wouldn't be complete without these two!


The birthday girl opening her gifts!


The best tradition of all is this homemade caramel cake that Gran makes.
Growing up each of us grandchildren always requested this cake.
What am I thinking…we still request it for every single birthday.
Gran will be the first to tell you…there's not a special ingredient or secret to it.
For some reason though it is so delicious! 
I've kept the tradition going with my children too.


Blowing out the candle…MW had plenty of help!




These two are so special to me!


No smash cake needed…She just dove right in. 


How sweet is this picture?!?!?

I can't believe my little girl is one. She is so full of life and has no trouble standing up to her brother.
The party was really fun. All the kids swam after supper. I didn't get pictures of this because I was too busy watching. Mary Wesley had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment