Monday, April 14, 2014

#1 Barfield/Kersey Beach Trip 2014

Hilton Head Island

I've been telling you all we had some trips planned. Well, this one took place a WHILE back, but i'm just now getting around to posting it. 
The Kersey's and Barfield's are starting a tradition this year taking 3 family trips a year. 
With or without kids is the question.
We decided to just see how it goes. If the kids go… awesome! If the kids don't go…great!
It will just depend on the location and such. 
So, here are some pictures of our first trip of the year. 
We've visited Hilton Head a lot the past few years, so we knew what to expect as far as eating, where to go, and what to do. However, this is the first year we have been with three children under the age of three. (2.5 years old, 8.5 months, and almost 4 months)! Now all you older folks with kids and grandkids are laughing at this point because you know the drill. Yea, beach trips become sacrificial trips for the most part after having children. Now, don't get me wrong. The trip was great. The weather did not cooperate very well, but we just adapted and did what we could to not stay cooped up in the condo. 
I will say we learned a lot this trip. 
I would share what we learned, but it needs to be a post in and of itself-stop laughing-! 
Enjoy the pictures!



We started off our mornings with reading time with dad! 
Just kidding… I think Kyle's goal was to read most of this book while we were on vacation.
He read six pages!
:)


Our beach set up was nice…
till the wind blew the tent down and snapped it in half!



Like I said the weather wasn't that good to us…
we made the most of it though….hooded jackets and all!





This girl sleeps any where! Both days we were on the beach she snooooozed!




Konrad and Kyle making a fishing pole!


A little sand castle village that lasted all of two minutes, because for some reason Konrad likes to destroy things like this! :)


She's free!



The beach is probably one of the best places to teach a baby to walk.
I really think if we would have been there longer she would have taken off!
She's growing way too fast! 


We had a great trip.
Like I said…we learned a lot, but isn't that what life is about?
Next time we go to the beach I have a list of things we will and will not take etc. 
One thing we will do is take family photos. 
I cannot believe we got away without a photo. 
That tells you how much fun we were having. 
I hope you found some humor in us kiddos learning the lessons of life with kids!
It's a great adventure.
One I wouldn't trade for the world. 
And i'm just so glad I get to do it with all the ones I love!

I mentioned at the end of my post Friday that I would be at the foot of the Cross praising Jesus!
Well, I started thinking about that and realized that I really think this week
( and every week) I will be at the tomb with my arms lifted high praising the ONE who has risen from the dead and is ALIVE!!!!!
Happy Holy Week!

"Christ is risen from the dead 
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the dead!"

You can find the rest of this song here

No comments:

Post a Comment