Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
For all you Mothers…Happy Mother's Day (yesterday)! 
We have a lot going on in the month of May! 
I have a bittersweet relationship with the month of May. 

1. It's my birthday month.
2. It's my brother's birthday month.
3. It's my stepdad's birthday month.
4. It's my gran's birthday month.
5. It's my best friend's birthday month. 
6. It's number 3's birthday month.
7. It's Mother's Day month.
8. It's when we say goodbye to our youth who are Seniors.
9. It's when we soak up as much time with Kyle, because we know the summer is starting. 
We share him with lots of children and youth during the summer!
10.It's when the pool opens, and we swim like fish. 
11. It's when we spend our nights outside after supper playing in the baby pool and watering all our beautiful potted plants that Kyle planted.
12. It's when Uncle Wesley and Shelly come home from college, and I get the privilege of washing 11 loads of Uncle Wes's laundry. (this is not a joke)
13. It's when Konrad gets to spend time with Uncle Wes watering and tending to our garden.
14. It's the month that our grocery bill is sky high, because there are lots of kids and college kids at our house all the time. (And I love it!)
15. It's when school ends, and me and my teacher friend, Molly, make ourselves STOP and spend time with each other. 
16. It's when I start buying and planning all kinds of non-costly (Is that a word? You know what I mean!) things for Konrad and Mary Wesley to do while Daddy is out of town, and we need things to fill our days. 
17. It's when we get to spend some time at the beach with the Barfields!

There you have it. 
This is how our May goes. 
In one blink, summer will be over, and we will be gearing up for school to start again. 
So I make a choice to "stop and smell the roses." 
I hope that in the midst of school winding down, graduations, vacations, etc. that you will stop and make memories today.
Thank God for allowing you to get up and live another day for Him. 
Have a great week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment