Friday, May 23, 2014

It's my BiRtHdAy!!!!



I'll be honest…
growing up we didn't celebrate birthdays in a real big way.
We had occasional parties, 
but it mainly centered around getting the family together and eating a meal.
That's what we still do in our family. 
Here's a sign times are changing…
This year I opted for my mom to keep our children, so Kyle and I could go out…
instead of a family party. 
She was thrilled!
It's so hard to get us all together for every.single.birthday.
I have to say we do a pretty good job at it though. 
With that being said…
my birthdays are pretty "low key." 
And yes…my best friend, Lindsey…she doesn't understand that.
She likes to have EXTRAVAGANT birthday celebrations every year.
That's why we are friends. 

Anyways, since today is my birthday I thought we could celebrate on the blog by me posting some facts about myself. Most of you know them all, but some of you may not. 
I'm not sure how many there are below, 
but i'll just keep typing till there's nothing else you need to know.
Here we go…


-I married one of my best friend's from high school. Little did I know he was the one God choose for me. If fact I told him I would never marry him when we were in high school…
(Insert here…I'm honest…and sometimes it sounds mean.)
I am so thankful for Kyle Barfield.
He is more than I could EVER ask for in a husband. 
God is faithful!

-I love Chick-fil-a sweet tea! 
It can change my mood in a flash.

- I am the shortest child in my family.
Apparently 6'3" is the average height on the Jones side of the family. 
I miss the average my three inches.

-I LOVE hymns. 
They make my heart happy.

-My favorite colors are blue and yellow.

-I am not a picky eater.

-I only drink water from a water bottle.
I do not drink tap water. 

- I love Mentos. 
(the mint flavor)
When I was pregnant with Mary Wesley, I craved Mentos all the time. 
I bought them in bulk at Sams. 
I still keep them in my car and purse. 
The craving never left.

-I am in love with the Creator of the Universe who has blessed me in more ways than I could have EVER imagined. He is my Beloved, Sustainer, Father. My EVERYTHING. 


So there you have it…some facts about me.
I can't believe next  year I will be thirty years old. 
Where has the time gone?!?!

I am looking forward to this next year!
I am blessed beyond measure.
Here's to the next year of my life…

Thanks for stopping by!
I will have a recap of my birthday later on.




No comments:

Post a Comment