Monday, March 10, 2014

Some Sweetness for your Monday

Saturday Fun

This past Saturday I met two of my friends and their children at Lanes. Lanes is close to our house. I need to take advantage of this more often. We ate lunch outside then took the kids to play on the playground. They also have a pond with ducks back behind the play area. You can guess where Konrad wanted to stay the whole time. Thankfully we didn't take the them to the pond till before we left, or Konrad would have never wanted to swing, slide, sit on the tractors, etc. He kept saying he wanted to "go shoot those ducks." Thankfully no one really heard him. 
Lord, help me when he starts hunting. We'll never see him. 
It was so fun to watch the kids play together. They are growing so fast before our very eyes. One of the funnest things about having children is getting to watch them play with your best friend's children. 
We're family. We don't see them all the time, but when we do it's like we've never been apart. 
Here's a peak at all the fun we had. 


Everyone had to ride the tractors of course. 




Thankfully, Sophie is responsible and will be driving all the kids around first. I'm already praying for Konrad and Izzie when they start driving. 


Little man hung in there with all the big kids too! 
Cannot get any cuter than this!!!


They are growing way too fast! 
Best Buds!


Dallas loved the ducks too! 




Everyone did a little swinging before we left! 






Mary Wesley is trying to eat McKinley's foot!


It's pictures like these next two that make me stop and thank God for the group of friends He has placed in my life. I am so thankful to have a community of friends that choose to raise their children to love Jesus and always want to know more about Him! We are blessed!



Nothing like a nice cold popsicle after a long playdate! 


I hope you all have a great week! I want to end with some of Isaiah 43. Our choir sang a special this past Sunday that brought tears to my eyes! Those of us who are believers have been given so many promises that will never be broken. God has called us. He has chosen us. We need to remember He is ALWAYS with us. In the good and the bad He is right there with us. We are His and we are precious in His sight! Believe that today and every day.
 If you aren't a believer there is so much hope for you. God is with you too. Do you hear Him calling your name? If so, turn to Him, because He wants you!

But now, this is that the Lord says,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, you Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.
Isaiah 43: 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment