Monday, March 3, 2014

Sharing Some Thoughts

I had a big post planned. It was going to be a recap of the Women's Conference I attended this past weekend. I will still post it…Friday maybe. Today I just wanted to share something though. The conference was centered around the song "Hello, My Name Is" by Matthew West. I had heard the song a time or two, but never really thought about the lyrics. We talked about who we are in Christ. Well, I am in a group bible study online. It's awesome! I will be sharing how to get involved on the blog later, but we are studying the book of Ruth. 
This morning when I woke up and started my study the leader had us read 1 Peter 2:9-10.
 It reads:
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you our of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 

The question in our study asked, "How does Peter describe who you are "in Christ"? I was blown away at first. Here I had just been to a conference where all we talked about is who we are "in Christ", and now God is reminding me again this morning who I am in Him! 
Do you believe "you BELONG to God"? 
If so, do you live it out? 
We are God's children. He has chosen us. We are a part of the greatest legacy anyone could ever imagine. We bow to the KING OF KINGS! We are royal, holy, and walk in light. If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, then we need to live as if we are a "Child of the one True King." 
Yes, sometimes things get rough, and we lose sight of who we are in Christ. But that is why he says we are OVER COMERS, because in our desparation He meets us where we are and reminds us who we are IN HIM. 
I want to live like a Child on the one True King this week..and every week for that matter. I have challenged myself to wake up each morning this week and remind myself that I am not just 
Amanda Murph Barfield, but I am more! And so are you!
I am a Daughter of a King.Chosen.Worthy.Loved.Light.Gifted.Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment