Friday, February 7, 2014

Breakfast Ideas

Breakfast-it's the most important meal of the day!

While most mornings Kyle and I eat granola bars, Konrad eats yogurt and fruit, and Mary Wesley eats her baby food, there are some mornings that I have time to cook a nice warm breakfast. I wish I had all these healthy breakfast ideas, but I don't. They are hearty, fattening recipes that my family loves. A lot of times when we are on family vacations I will volunteer to wake up and cook breakfast. It's so easy, and i'm up with my kiddos anyways so...why not? During hunting season this past year, I was cooking breakfast a lot. The guys would expect a nice meal when they got through shooting ducks, deer, etc. They chose my cooking over NuWay....sometimes! NuWay is a tradition around here. By the time the kids and I are waking up, Kyle is coming in the door with breakfast he has picked us up from NuWay. 
Anyways, so today I am going to share just some QUICK, EASY breakfast meals you can cook on those special mornings or on those nights when you are craving a breakfast meal. 

The first recipe is a no-brainer. You've all eaten it before.
-The beloved Breakfast Casserole-


Sausage Crescent Breakfast Casserole

1 can of Crescent rolls
1 lb of pork sausage
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
good pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Brown your sausage in a pan. 
Whisk your eggs, salt and pepper, and milk together in a bowl. 
Lay the Crescent rolls in the bottom of your sprayed (I use PAM) 13X9 dish. Pour the sausage on top of the crescent rolls. Next, pour your egg mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle your cheese on top. 
At this point you can cover and refrigerate till you are ready to cook. 
Then just put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes uncovered. 
Simple and Delicious! 
I normally serve this with my Cream Cheese Grits!

Cream Cheese Grits
These grits are a hit! They are so rich and creamy! 

Cream Cheese Grits

4 cups of milk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of hot sauce (optional)
I cup of quick cook grits
2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of cream cheese
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded

Bring milk, salt, pepper, and hot sauce to a slight boil. When milk is bubbly, reduce heat and whisk in the grits. Continue to whisk till they are thick (about 5 minutes). Next add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and butter. Stir till melted. Taste and add any necessary seasonings!
You'll never make regular grits again!
Rich and Easy! Enjoy!!!

Another breakfast casserole I like to make comes from one of my best friends, Molly Farmer. I can't remember if she made this for me or just told me about it, but it is super easy and delicious. My mom likes to call it "Lake Martin Casserole" because it was such a hit and easy to whip up before a long day on the lake.



Sausage Crescent and Cream Cheese Casserole
1 can of Crescent rolls
1 lb of sausage
1 block of cream cheese (softened)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8X8 pan with PAM. (You can easily put this in a 13X9 pan...just double all the ingredients.) Place half of the crescent dough on the bottom of the pan.


Brown your sausage in a pan.

When the sausage is cooked place the block of cream cheese in the pan. Stir until cream cheese it's melted.

 Place mixture on the top of crescent rolls.

Layer the last of the crescent dough on top.

 Place in the oven for 15 minutes.

QUICK.EASY. DELICIOUS.
Thanks for sharing, Molly!
I hope you all enjoy this.

Other ideas I have for breakfast are popping a batch of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the oven. Serve with some cooked bacon and scrambled eggs! How easy is that?
I have recently found these Pillsbury Blueberry Biscuits at the grocery store. Let me tell you what I do. I pop these in the oven. Then I put cream cheese icing on top of them! Oh my goodness...They are  AMAZING! Serve them with some bacon and cream cheese grits!
QUICK.EASY. DELICIOUS.

Let me know if you try any of these breakfast idea. I can promise you they are all delicious. We love breakfast food around our house. Maybe you could surprise your family with a nice Valentine's day breakfast! :)
Next week I will be presenting a two-three post series on packing tips for your little one while you go out of town. Let's admit it...some of you mama's need to pack a little bag and get out of the house for a night or two!
Hope you all have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment