Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Every Day with the Barfields

I hope you all are having a great week. It's been interesting around our house the past seven days. Lots of blessings and changes are taking place around our house. From snow in our yard to wild rugs in our house to the best toddler entertainment in our own front yard...we have had it all going on here on the farm. We're continuing to make make memories and learn to take hold of all our blessings each day. 


Day 29- SNOW DAY 2014~ We had SO much fun playing in the snow. Konrad absolutely loved it. He threw snow balls, had a sled ride, and made a snowman. It was Konrad and Mary Wesley's first snow! Fun, fun, fun day!!!


Day 30- "Rise shine and give God the glory, glory!" Those were the first words that came to mind when I woke up to this beautiful view. The snow was still there, but the sun just gave me a glimpse of the blessings God gives us each day. 


Day 31- This little boy was SO happy to see the sunshine and be able to play outside. He played with that ball for about an hour straight. He loves his dogs too! 



Day 32- We're living a little on the wild side here in the country. We have been wanting a rug for our living room since Mary Wesley is starting to crawl. Man, has it been nice! She loves being in the center of everything.
Happy Birthday to my sweet Julia!!!


Day 33- We ran outside after naps to play till the sun went down. Konrad was so excited! I even let him play in the water. He was SOAKED! He wanted a picture with his cats. He tortures these cats ALL.THE.TIME. We have the cats to kill all the mice. I have to say...they're doing a really good job. Anyways, this was a rare moment where Konrad wasn't dragging them around or hitting them with a stick.


Day 34- Konrad is watching the guys get ready for planting pine trees. Having not one but two forms of machinery in our front yard was pretty much like having Disney characters in our front yard. He was in little boy heaven!
Happy Birthday, Uncle Wesley!!!


Day 35- Konrad is teaching Jordy how to shoot his gun.
City boys have a lot to learn here in the country.

I'm noticing that there are no pictures of Mary Wesley on the blog post today. Sorry for that. I love her as much as I love Konrad. I'll be sure to take some pictures of her for the post nest Wednesday. Raising children is a huge opportunity and blessing! I am so thankful for my two children. I'm depending on God to help me be the best mother I can every single day. I am calling on Him to guide our steps as a family. I've been begging Him to give me patience and grace when it comes to disciplining my 2.5 year old boy. (Sigh)
And Kyle...He helps me see that this is exactly how God wants it to be. Always relying on HIM to help us...Always allowing God to guide our steps...Always believing God will provide...
Always making God the center of our home.
God is with us every single day. We can't do this thing called parenthood on our own. We have to rely on the Lord to help us. Staying in His word and encouraging each other will help us make this huge blessing of parenthood bring God ALL the GLORY!
We are blessed, we are blessed, we are blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment