Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Review

We had a fun, busy weekend. Take a look at all the fun we had. 
On Friday, Mary Wesley was still recovering from being puny all week, so the day was full of playing outside and resting. 
Since we never really celebrated Valentine's Day, Kyle and I decided we should probably have a date night. We went to Jim Shaws to eat, did a little shopping at Rivercrossing,  and enjoyed some coffee Starbuck's. It was nice to get out of the house and have time together. (Thanks, Nana and Grandaddy!)


Ashley, my friend from college, and her sweet family were at the Ag Center all weekend at the pig shows. Her husband had some 4-H kids showing pigs. She told me about a month ago that they would be coming to town. I have been looking forward to spending time with her ever since. She has a son, Mac, who is a few months older than Konrad. I knew they would have fun together, so we made plans to see them while they were here. We decided to meet at Lanes for lunch on Saturday, so Mac and Konrad could play outside. They weather turned out perfect, and the boys had fun. It was so nice to catch up and see Ashley. We could go years without seeing each other and pick right back up where we left off. Friendships matter. I might not get to see Ashley as much as i'd like, but I am so thankful that our paths crossed, and we keep up with each other. 




Of course, neither of our boys would cooperate and smile, but you get the point. They both love tractors, and they don't like taking pictures. We can't wait to spend more time with them next time! 

After naps and a snack we headed back outside to enjoy the pretty weather. Mary Wesley is quite the "dog lover" around here…besides her Daddy. The dogs entertain her, and I have been taking advantage of this! It's to the point where I will put her in her high chair and let a dog in just so she can watch the dog while I try to cook supper. Hey, whatever works…right?!?! Stop laughing at me! 


The dogs enjoyed the weekend too! 


On Sunday we went to church and then celebrated my mom's birthday. You will have to check back Thursday to read her birthday post. I think most of you will find it hilarious! I'll post pictures too! 

I hope you all had a great weekend! 
Have a great week!

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1
Whatever you face this week…may you look to HIM for strength!
He loves you and is ALWAYS there for you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment