Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Every Day with the Barfields

 Lots of joy…that's what's been going on around here lately. We have had some pretty awesome weather. Konrad has been so excited to get out and play. We've had picnics, pond time, and now…well there's an ice storm. However, that just means extra time for this mama to finish Valentine's for Konrad's class…and… extra time to clean before our guest arrives this weekend. Here's what we've had going on lately... 



Day 36- We had a cutie and a football player at our house. Konrad had to wear his football jersey, so he and Grandaddy could play football. 



Day 37- We had a surprise visit from Bibby. She came just in time for me to whip up some supper. I wish someone could come entertain my littles every night, so I could cook supper quickly and peacefully. She read to them. Konrad clearly was in charge here. 



Day 38- The weather was absolutely awesome. Of course, we had a picnic with our NuWay. What's better than a NuWay hotdog and sweet tea?!?!?!


Day 39- Well, can you say that your 78 year old grandmother bought her a new pair of UGGS this winter? I can. This lady knows she has style. I mean she dresses to a "T" every day. I just thought it was hilarious when she came over to show me her new boots. 


Day 40- Another beautiful day! Konrad enjoyed finding every stick around the pond and throwing it. This little boy might live at the pond when he gets older. 


Day 41- Get organized, Amanda! Well so far we've stuck to it, but church is cancelled tomorrow night. I guess i'll move all the meals up a slot. I love having a written menu to hold me accountable. 

Day 42- My sweet, Mary Wesley, is seven months today! Where has the time gone? She is growing so fast. One of the sweetest babies I know!

I'll share two more pics from the week below. We had a lot going on this week. I've been thinking about my girl's high school bible study a lot the past few days. I have the privilege of teaching their bible study on Wednesday nights. I have the best group of girls around. We have the best time together, and honestly I look forward to it every single week. Things are so different in their world than in mine. I can't fathom a lot of things they face each and every day. Things are much different now from when I was their age. Last week we sat and talked about "life". Things that were going on at home, at school, in their relationships. A lot of times I just sit in listen. Then i'll fire a bomb in the conversation. The look on their faces is priceless. They love it though. It's like they crave to hear truth. They crave someone to tell them that their thinking is not true, and this is really what's true. If we can't give our children and youth the truth then what do we have to give them. The truth is what we all want. It's the only thing that sets us free. Are you walking in truth? Are you craving someone or something to tell you that what you're doing is wrong? And, then let them gently tell you that there is hope and freedom. God's Word is truth. That's where the answers are. The look on my girl's faces when I point them directly to the problem they are facing in God's word is like watching a fireworks show. That's where we have to turn to be set free. 

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32



Mary Wesley loves to be outside too. She loves grass. I love when babies and explore new things! 


Mary Wesley went to her first basketball game this week. She was terrified of the buzzers, whistles, loud people, and loud clapping. Pretty much the whole thing scared her. She did warm up a little bit, but one and half games was plenty for her. She loved watching the cheerleaders. What does that mean?

Check back on Friday for the concluding post of "Getting out of Tow-Packing the Littles"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment