Friday, January 10, 2014

Best Friends but More Like Sisters

Best Friends but More Like Sisters

Best friends...I hope you have one. You are about to get a big spill on my best friend so prepare yourself. I have so much to say, but I think I will limit this post to just a couple of things about my best friend. Our parents say that we have been friends since birth, but I can't really remember my friendship with Lindsey before the age of eight. 


That's where this journey of being friends begins for us. I remember spending the night at each others houses. I can remember playing ball against each other. We NEVER got to be on the same team. Now that I think about it that was probably best. I can remember our parents leaving us to babysit all the supper club kids almost every single Saturday night. It didn't matter how scared we got...they still left us. I mean we were keeping 3+ children by ourselves at the age of nine and ten. I promise...you can ask our parents. What did that mean for us? Well we just became two of the most known babysitters in Marshallville and Perry for a good 3 years. Coincidentally we both started nannying/tutoring for two different families that homeschool. Often we would pile all the kids in two different cars and have spend the night parties. These children taught us all we needed to know about becoming mothers. It's really neat to look back and see all the ways the Lord has used our friendship to minister and care for so many children. We even taught a bible study on Wednesday nights to a group of high school girls together. Is Lindsey my best friend? I mean I guess so. A lot of times I tell people we are more like sisters. I was pretty mean to Lindsey for a long period of time in middle and even some of high school. I just ignored her. 
I know...I am the mean one. 
She is the nice one. 
I am pessimistic.
She is optimistic.
I only like to shop when I need something and when I find it I am done.
She could shop all day long for absolutely nothing.
I am tall.
She is short.


You get the point. We are opposite in a lot of ways. In most ways we are similar though. I just want to take a minute and name one of the ways in which we are similar. I mentioned above about how we have both been babysitting, nannying, and tutoring children since a young age. I remember when we were younger Lindsey would say she wanted at least four children...I wanted eight...HA! We both dreamed of marrying godly men and having lots of children. I think it's safe to say we have helped raise a lot of children, but on January 1, 2014 the blessing of us becoming mothers of children around the same age came into fruition. We have always said no matter where the Lord takes our families we still want to have children the same age that will hopefully have the friendship that we have.
God is good! 


She's only been a mother to Dallas for ten days now, but we are already having so much fun. 
I am so thankful for Lindsey. She has put up with my moody self for a long time now. She is always so quick to tell me the truth and turn me back to God when I get off track. She's the kind of best friend everyone should have. God has truly blessed our friendship more than we could have ever imagined. I am so excited about this new chapter of motherhood we have both entered into. 
I hope this has reminded you of just how blessed you are by the friends God has placed in each of your lives. We need best friends. Friends that will call us out when we sin and fall short. That's love. It's what God calls us to do in His word. We need friends that will stick with us through the good times and the bad. Friends are suppose to love at all times.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about one of the many blessings I have in my life. Have a great weekend! 

P.S. Here are some fun facts about me and Lindsey!
-We are one year and 6 days apart.
-Our mothers are best friends.
-We were room mates during and after college, and we lived in 4 different houses in only 3 years.
-We both have Early Childhood Education degrees.
-We both traveled out of the country together for the first time to Argentina.
-We are both married to Youth Pastors.



No comments:

Post a Comment