Monday, January 13, 2014

Pizza Nights

I mentioned last Monday that we eat a lot of pizza at our house. It's just the "go to" meal when we've had a long day. I don't feel bad about feeding my family frozen pizza. My freezer is full of it right now. They had a sale at Kroger recently, so I stocked up. Konrad loves it, so it just works for us. Sometimes however, I get creative and we make pizza of our own. I have bought the fresh dough at Publix and rolled it out, etc. I've bought the Pillsbury pizza dough in a can (not my favorite). I'll admit...i've never attempted to make the dough myself. I'll save that for another stage in life. However, one of my favorite ways to make pizza is with a loaf of Italian bread. Konrad LOVES to cook. I try to let him help in the kitchen as much as possible. If i'm cooking something that requires my full attention, I normally just give him a pot of water and some utensils, and he is good to go. My mom lets him mix salt, uncooked grits and rice together in a pot of water. She has time to clean that up...I don't! Anyways, back to what I was saying...Konrad and I like to make these pizzas every now and then. It's very easy. Now I wish I would have taken pictures of all the ingredients and stuff like that, but I didn't. I have a before and after picture, but they are not that great. I'll leave you with the recipe and instructions below. If you do have children or grandchildren, I would encourage you to let them get in the kitchen and "cook"/cook with you. Even if it's just a pot of water, they are still making memories of being in the kitchen with you. I have so many memories of being in the kitchen with my mom, "Bibby", and "Gran". I am still always eager to learn Mom and Gran's tricks in the kitchen.
 I hope you will try this quick and easy way to make pizza. There are so many ways to make your own little pizza. This is just one way I have found is quick and delicious.
 Happy Cooking!
Have a good week! 
This is Konrad trying to give a "thumbs up"! The pizza is ready to go in the oven.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Ingredients:
a loaf of Italian bread
a jar of pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice
We like to add pepperonis, black olives, sautéed onions, cooked bacon, mushrooms, and there's so much more! Cut the loaf of bread in half. Lather the pizza sauce on both halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Add toppings. Sprinkle with more cheese. Cook in the oven on 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Kyle and I like to add some red pepper flakes at the end to add a little spice!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Pizza is just so easy and everyone likes it! I'm making this tonight - http://sweetandsimpleliving.com/easy-pull-apart-pizza-bread/

    ReplyDelete