Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Every Day with the Barfields in 2014

The Barfields
Every Day of the Year
Week 1

Welcome to everyday with the Barfields Week 1. The plan is every Wednesday to share with you a picture from the past seven days. I am challenging myself to take a picture every day. The picture is of nothing in particular, but just something from that day. Do you think I can remember to take one every day of the year? It makes me a little nervous, but I am going to try. Take a look at our first seven days of  2014! 


Day 1-  My beautiful best friend and her precious baby boy! Happy Birthday, Dallas! Happy New Year, everyone! Our year has started with sweetness and blessings already.
Day 2- I spent all afternoon at the hospital with Lindsey cuddling baby Dallas all I could. He was the first baby boy born in Houston County in 2014!
Day 3- My little fashionista, Mary Wesley! She has better style than her mama! I am so thankful for this little girl!
Day 4- There are no words...this picture speaks a million words. Lindsey and I have waited to have kids the same age since we were 12 years old! God is good!
Day 5- Wishing our Aunt Beth a very Happy, Happy Birthday! We miss her and love her very much! This picture is typical of my two kiddos! I am so thankful for the joy they bring me each day! 
Day 6- We called it a "snow day" at our house. We did lots of reading by the fire and caught up on naps before our week really started.  
Day 7- Konrad is all ready for school. This was the coldest day of Konrad and Mary Wesley's lives thus far. The low was 11 degrees.

We've started our year off with lots of blessings and lessons already. Some things I learned this week are as follows: there's nothing sweeter than holding a new born baby, do not leave our crock pot in reach of a toddler or the pot roast may not be done when you get ready to eat it, and cold weather and I do not mix! 

This week God has shown me how everything works in His timing and not our own. I am so thankful that He knows what it is best for us. His timing if perfect.
I hope this New Year has started off great for you! I look forward to sharing with you a little part of our day every day in 2014!

3 comments:

  1. I read another blog where the girl DID take 365 pictures in a year. She set a timer on her phone to remind her each night in case she'd forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it "Mix and Match Mama"??? :) I read her blog. I actually just figured out that is what she did. I am trying really hard to catch a picture moment each day! I wish I knew how to set the timer on my phone! I will have to get Kyle to teach me how!

      Delete
    2. It was! I have no idea how she does everything she does every day. That girl has some kind of energy.

      Delete