Friday, January 31, 2014

Snow Day
January 29, 2014

I can't believe it. We waited all day on Tuesday for it to snow. I took pictures all day, so I would have them to show you. Well, the snow didn't come till later that night...after bedtime. Konrad got to stay up and play in it though. I think it is safe to say we have a boy who LOVES snow. He might be visiting his aunt, uncle, and cousins in Boston more than any of us think! :) 

Konrad seeing the snow for the first time. He absolutely loved it! 



Making snowballs! 

We let Konrad stay up late and play in the snow. We took breaks and let him warm up by the fire then headed right back out. We finally convinced him to go to bed. He was up early and ready to go back out the next morning. I made breakfast for everyone before we spent all morning in the snow. 


Sausage Crescent Roll Casserole and scrambled eggs



We all bundled up for a family photo. We're missing the cats and pigeons, but the dogs decided to get in the photo with us. 


Here's a picture of all my boys plus Ruby, the yellow lab. 


Nana and Grandaddy stopped by to play in the snow with us! 



Konrad and Ruby playing fetch. 


Uncle Nash got snowed in with us. He was busting down the doors this morning to get out of here and go to work! HA! Konrad loves his Uncle Nash! 


We figured out the best way to for Konrad to sled was a clothes basket. Kyle ran him around the yard for while. Then he got smart and made the dogs pull Konrad around. Flint and Jack took turns. You can find a video of this on my Facebook page here





Then we all piled in Daddy's truck and rode around the farm. These next pictures are some I took while we were riding around! 





These are my uncle's dogs. They were all cozy in their kennels till they heard us! 


Too bad Christmas has already come and gone. Oh, Christmas Tree!



Our farm was so beautiful covered in snow. I couldn't begin to post all the pictures I took. We just got through burning all around the farm where we will soon plant pine trees. I'll be honest it was beginning to get a little depressing seeing so much black on the ground. The snow came at such a good time. 

After some afternoon naps we headed back out in the snow. Here's some pictures of our little snow bunny. 




We ended our day with supper and a movie. 


I hope your snow day was as fun-filled as ours. Kyle and I were super tired at the end of the day. I can't really imagine what it's like for people like our family who live up North and have snow all winter long. Dressing and undressing the kids is enough to make me never want to live where it snows all the time. I have so much respect for our family in Boston...especially now that they have a little one! I'm ready to say...bring on the beach weather! I've had my winter fix. However...
Wasn't all the white around us just beautiful?!?! I mean it made the ugliest places on our farm look absolutely gorgeous. It's such a reminder that even the person in the darkest place of life can be made beautiful again. There's a reason why white is so refreshing. It represents God's bride... pure, spotless, without blemish. I am so thankful Jesus came to make us white as snow. Only by His blood are we forgiven and made white as snow in the eyes of our Heavenly father.

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they shall be like wool. "
Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment